22 May 2010

as posted on my facebook.



Adoption PArty for my "Michael" D Ashmore

This summer we are adopting!!!!!

-----------------------------

Michael D (We are naming him) is 3 and has been with us a year now!!

I am planning the hugest party I have ever thrown!! I am SO exited and want this to be an event to remember!!! I want it to be SO FUN for the children and NOT stressful for the adults!!! Lets imagine 75- 100 people in attendance....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What are some suggestions you have for the following:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
catering:

childcare help:

Bouncy houses etc:

entertainment (clown, pirate, dj, etc)

food service personnel:

rental space and rental equipment:

games and activities:

gift registry??

Gifts for guests:

how to share adoption story:

time of day/ length of party:

Theme!! :




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have any ideas but I'm so excited for you! Will we be able to see pictures of Michael and his mommy and daddy? I wish I was there. I would be hugging all of you for sure!

sara said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janna said...

I'm so happy and excited for you.

I think you might enjoy it more if it was a smaller affair and he might too but I do understand how your joy is abounding and you want the world to celebrate.

You could have a Guam style fiesta. You could have a puppet show about adoption?

the johnson crew said...

congratulations! :)

with each of our adoptions we went to a hotel with a waterslide/kitty pool activities with all our relatives.

our kids probably won't remember much about the boring court appearance but they will remember the water and the fun we had.