22 July 2009

Can I call you Mom?

Around noon yesterday My Big L shows up. He nervous. But sits down at the table with his McDonald's while I chat with his care manager. He is new to foster care and yet a brave little soul.

I look at his information and realize his birthday is in 2 days!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------


So here we are planning a last minute party! Batman themed in a way. He asked for cupcakes and hotdogs. I can do that.


"I thought you were gunna be black", he said after a while. I grinned and said "Well that Im not, I hope that's ok with you."

"And , I thought you were gunna be mean". To that I responded I only hope that I wont be and smiled.

He said, "Nah, you are pretty cool, because you are nice to me."

------------------------------------------------------


Later On he asked me why Baby L was in a foster home cause there was no way he had done something bad. I told him that his parents couldn't take care of him just now. He seemed confused and told me that he thought kids were in foster care because they had been bad....

Oh break my heart right there will yah!!!!

--------------------------------

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crushing blow...

Poor guy. I hope he settles in with you white folk.

Ragin KJen said...

:(

He looked so sad today. He's a sweet kid...he seems very talented too. I can't wait to see him tomorrow because I know he is excited about the party! :) I'll bring my video camera!!

Unknown said...

I do hope that he settles in and realizes that he's not with you because he's been bad but because he's been good.

My birthday is on the 24th. Is his?

I hope he has so much fun!

Jenny said...

Oh man. Poor little guy. I'm sure you will give him lots of love and your house is the perfect place to be. :-) You are awesome!!

sara said...

Awww- sounds like you are doing a good job :)

J A C I L O O said...

awww a BIRTHDAY PARTY! i remember how u imagined a bday party for your kiddos! :) you sound like your doing great!! u are one great supermom! :)

Ronnica said...

Oh, so sad. I wonder if that's why he thought you would be mean...he had been threatened with foster care before?

LindaSue said...

THe world can be a vile place for children - so glad there are havens like yours - hooray for batman parties and beautiful non black ladies who give boys cupcakes for their birthday because they want 'em - I'm in tears but smiling because there is still hope for your fellas.

Kelli said...

love the stories and pictures of your kiddos! God has given you such a great opportunity to share your love with these kids. sad "big l" thinks kids are in foster care because they are bad :( hope you can share with him the truth! i am sure you will miss your parents when they move. you now must visit Hawaii!