11 September 2008

i have a little pet peeve

OK. I have to admit that I can be a little apathetic when it comes to politics!
Don't get me wrong. Yes, I do care about the direction of our country. Yes, I do believe in voting!!

I think that my biggest political pet peeves are those urban legend letters!

There alot of notes roaming facebook and the internet that are amazingly ridiculous! Yeah, so sometimes I read them. I am not the most discerning person in the world, but I am also not naive.

To me, the most shocking thing is when people comment about "the media getting a hold of this information".

Do you really think that you know something before the media? Hm. Maybe there is a reason the media hasn't done anything about "said story". The media doesn't like to be WRONG. They don't like retractions!

NO the media isnt perfect, but they are NOT STUPID! The media is an incredibly intelligent network with talented reporters and researchers! They get fired for mistakes!


Look at the following links for examples of what is floating around.

snopes.com

an interesting blog--

http://somejoe.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-imaginary-holiday-with-mccain.html

and NO-- Obama didn't swear in on a Koran.

2 comments:

LindaSue said...

Thank you Rachel - I am also a frequenter of Snopes - it is our duty as Christians to speak the truth and passing on silly, sometimes defaming emails is just plain wrong. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

I agree!

I just finished commenting on a blog where someone suggested that the McCains brought their adopted daughter to the RNC to "add color" to the event.

Another blogger wrote that Biden announced that Obama should have picked Hillary instead of him -- that it was a bad move politically to divide the party.

Another one writes that Palin is an unfit mother because she's a working mom with a handicapped child.

Still another accused her of not giving birth to her son - that it was her daughter's child and she simply passed him off as her own.

Unbelievable!

Blessings!
Lacy

P.S. We got a call about two little girls yesterday. Ages 5&6. Special needs. Josh and I will meet at the agency to look at their file this afternoon!