19 April 2008

A really bad morning

6 am.

The fire alarm in our condo building is hollering at us!

- WE scarmble for our clothes and make it outside with the rest of the ppl.

6:45

the fire dept. arrives

6:50
they leave
6:51
I call the condo association office-- they tell me the fire dept is on the way. I said They already left.

6:55
we left for coffee.

7:15
we return from coffee-the alarm is still screeching (it's so loud it was actually painful to be in the apt.)

7:20
we go to Walmart
8:30
we arrive home to pick up the pieces of our morning.
8:45
I shatter the microwave plate on the kitchen floor.- Jacob cleans it up.

I cry and take a short nap.

WE continue to scramble and make our selves presentable as we leave for grandma's funeral service.

2 comments:

Sarah C said...

ugh. hopefully Sunday's a better day for you! What a bummer of a weird day!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing at least you are not alone, you have a husband that cleaned after you
my coffee cup say Psalms 118:24
hope today is good day for you and your Jacob!